From Karl Wright <kwri...@metacarta.com>
Subject Re: Please review documents added to the wiki
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:30:17 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Looks like a great start.  I modified one little part of it (about Postgresql).  While
I share your sentiment about it's quality, we should likely support other DBs in the long
run, too, so I removed the statement so as to encourage others who like alternatives to feel
welcome.

> Some questions:
>
> 1. On the security model, is there also a late binding option?  In other words, if I
wanted to ask for security tokens at search time, can I?  How would it perform?

The authority side of things is meant to return a user's access tokens at search time.  The
document's access tokens must be
ingested along with the document during crawling.  I can't see any other way this could reasonably
work, since the search engine
would otherwise have to filter dynamically, by calling some repository-based service for each
document in each set of search
results.

> 2. Totally unrelated to this document:  Sharepoint 2010?  Is it supported?

Dunno.  Haven't had occasion to try it yet.  Probably will work, but can't be sure.

Karl

> Thanks,
> Grant
>
> On Feb 22, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've added two documents to the wiki that basically document the current LCF concepts
and build/deploy process in a bare-bones way.  I'd like feedback as to where it seems confusing
or incomplete.

--
Karl Wright
Software Engineer

MetaCarta, Inc.
350 Massachusetts Avenue, 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

(617)-301-5511

www.metacarta.com <http://www.metacarta.com>
Where to find it.

This message may contain privileged, proprietary, and otherwise private
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately.