From Karl Wright <>
Subject Re: ant build scripts "done"; should be possible for others to build now
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:18:11 GMT
Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Karl Wright <> wrote:
>> I've set it up so there's a master build script under "modules", which
>> fires off individual module build scripts as specified. If you haven't
>> installed required client libraries for any given connector, it should
>> simply skip that one.  I've also checked in properly versions of all jars
>> that can legally redistributed by apache; we may well want to change how
>> that's done, but since upstream modifications are needed on a few of them,
>> that seemed like the fastest way to get going.
> Thanks Karl! I'm able to run "ant all" successfully. There are just a few
> warnings due to Java 5.
>> Any suggestions as to the base package name?  I was thinking either "
>>" or "org.apache.lcf", to replace "com.metacarta....".
>>  Any preferences?  Other suggestions?
> May I suggest org.apache.lucene.connect or perhaps just org.apache.connect?
> We don't really need to have "lucene" in our package names.

For obvious reasons I prefer shorter to longer, as well.  And since LCF is back-end agnostic,
there's no technical reason it
should be bound to Lucene.

Karl Wright
Software Engineer

MetaCarta, Inc.
350 Massachusetts Avenue, 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

(617)-301-5511 <>
Where to find it.

This message may contain privileged, proprietary, and otherwise private
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately.

View raw message