From Karl Wright <kwri...@metacarta.com>
Subject Re: Third tar.gz status?
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:09:27 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>> That looks pretty good.  Did you see my last question about the library dependencies?
 The Makefiles seem to be expecting them to be in /usr/share/...  I think we need to include
the dependencies ahead of time so we can make sure they are covered license wise.
>> I didn't see your question, sorry.  Where did you post it?
>
> On the JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-106?focusedCommentId=12830265&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12830265
>
>> The Makefiles were meant to be context examples, because they would be only expected
to work properly on a debian system, with the build-depends installed as specified in debian/control.
 If you are asking about specific jars that are referred to in this way, can you summarize
what you think is missing?  I'd be happy to clarify where they all are supposed to come from.

> We need to know what all the dependencies are (never mind about the dependencies in category
c from yesterday's discussion) to build it.  For instance, I think there is a DB pooling JAR
file required, what's the license on that?  Basically, I need an enumeration of all the dependencies
required for the stuff to compile and run.  If you can provide the list, I can track down
the licenses.

> -Grant

Ok, I'll include that in my next post.
Karl