From Karl Wright <kwri...@metacarta.com>
Subject Re: Connector building and distribution under Apache
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:43:00 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>>> Do you have links to the actual license agreements for these two connectors?
>
> Any thoughts on this one?

MetaCarta owns the code for the connectors themselves, which was also granted to Apache.
What we didn't think we could grant
were the actual wsdl's and xsd's for the proprietary web services those connectors talk to,
which are required to build the java
stubs that the connectors use.  So I think your question is really, "what governing license
covers those wsdl's and xsd's?"  And
that's where we really needed a legal opinion.  For MS, the governing license was possibly
the MSDN license for the SharePoint
instance we installed at MetaCarta to develop against.  That can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/Rus/Licensing_old/General/examples/msdn_box.mspx

The Meridio development license I am not sure is available online - Meridio was bought by
Autonomy, and I'll need to do some
research for that answer.

Karl