From Karl Wright <kwri...@metacarta.com>
Subject Re: Order of development?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:29:16 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com> wrote:
>> Once the Apache IP committee is done with the LCF grant, please note I've
>> entered a number of tickets for work that would need to be done immediately
>> after the software hits Apache's SVN.
>>
>> It seems to me that the highest priority of these is getting some set of
>> starting ant build scripts created.
>
> I haven't seen the code yet, but does this mean there is no build
> system in place at all?

There was a build system in place, for building debian packages, but one of the engineers
at MetaCarta objected to including the
existing debian package structure, other than the makefiles and control files.  It should
be possible to reconstruct the former
debian packaging, if that was desired, with some effort.  Also, it was ruled that we could
not legally include some things that
were necessary for a build to complete, such as SharePoint wsdls.  Finally, there were required
upstream changes to certain
apache packages (libcommons-httpclient and xerces2-java) which we could do nothing else for
except grant the appropriate diff files.

So, we effectively need to put together a build environment as job one, within Apache.

Karl