From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Software grant license questions and process
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:25:21 GMT
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of the software grant, we are today peeling out all MetaCarta
> license text from the source code.  This leads to a couple of questions.
>
> (1) Grant previously indicated that we should replace the MetaCarta license
> text with Apache license text.  I need to confirm that this would be Apache
> 2.0 license text, to be very specific.

Yes.

> (2) There are a few places in the code (e.g. inside a SharePoint assembly)
> where a copyright string is also required, but are presumably presented to
> an end user under some conditions.  Does Apache have a standard string to
> use in these situations?

I'm not an authority on packaging issues but I don't see why that would be
any different than the copyright text in any Apache project's NOTICE.txt

For example, Solr has "Copyright 2006-2008 The Apache Software Foundation"
in the NOTICE.txt

> And finally, it seems to me that as new issues come up, a good way forward
> might be to simply note the issue in JIRA as a ticket, rather than trying to
> address everything before the grant actually takes place.  Comments?

+1

That would just delay the grant and keep us from hacking away :)

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.