From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: launch console proxy Vm
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:34:21 GMT
Celeb,

It's potentially an issue with the deployment of System VMs.  It would be good to test this,
but rather than destroying any more existing System VMs, you can force the creation of additional
instances by changing the following global settings so that the 'capacity.standby' setting
is 2x the 'session.max' setting.

consoleproxy.capacity.standby
consoleproxy.session.max

secstorage.capacity.standby
secstorage.session.max

If after changing these settings, and restarting the Management Service, no additional SSVMs
or Console Proxy VMs are generated, you have definitely got a problem with creating new System
VMs, and the most likely issue will be related to the Management Server accessing Secondary
Storage.

Also can you confirm you are able to create new Guest Instances from a NEW template, it's
important its new so that the system has to copy it from Secondary Storage to Primary Storage.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com