From Marcos Ortiz <marcos_or...@anadat.es>
Subject RE: How to make VM from ISO file ???
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:40:11 GMT
Hi,

I always créate the first template from ISO, you only need to upload to webserver, and upload
to UI (the secondary storage VM needs to works fine) once it´s upload and appear correctly
in iso tabs, you can use it,

It´s important to mark the iso as bootable while uploading, also you need to mark the featured
check)

Regards

Marcos Ortiz

-----Mensaje original-----
De: claude bariot [mailto:clobariot@gmail.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 10 de septiembre de 2012 13:38
Para: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Asunto: Re: How to make VM from ISO file ???

I'm not sure that this methode run correctely in CS. Because, I never make it successfuly.

Bat, for, me, the way for creating a nice instance is to use template.
- create your VM from xenserve or ESX before, and install xentools or vmtools into your new
Vm.
- convert your VM to template,  then, upload it to your web server.
- Fron VS UI, in the template tab, create a new template ...

I think, this is the best way.

regards