From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Modify laun VM Wizard
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:20:52 GMT
Marcos,

Are you familiar with the user-data feature of CloudStack ? When deploying
a VM, you can associate an arbitrary set of userdata with the VM. Suppose
this is an xml string which includes "<hostname>myhostname</hostname>".
When the VM boots you can access the userdata from a well-known URL and
then set the hostname and reboot.

The userdata cannot be set from the UI, only from the API. You can see
that there are several requests to include it in the UI
http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-11955
http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14538
http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-9769
http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-15310