From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: configure bare metal question?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 04:48:59 GMT
Hi Zhiqing,

On 03-Sep-2012, at 6:22 AM, zhiqing wu <wuzhiqing1985@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there:
> can you do my a favour? when I configured the bare metal
> environment,therewere to question. first,PING (pratimage is not
> ghost) software  can/t backup to network ?

Check if you can mount your CIFS/Samba share and have access to read and write over them.
And if the chosen path has no folder, PING sometimes fail, hence unzip http://ping.windowsdream.com/dl/PING_2.01/PartImage.zip
to your \\Share\Ping_Backup. (refer: http://ping.windowsdream.com/ping/doc-2.01/prep.html)
Choose "create new …" image while saving the disk image.

I'll update this wiki page; at present use a release version, install.sh should configure
baremetal environment: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Baremetal

> second,creating the zone,add the
> primary stroage,can't choose the protocol?

In case of baremetal storage is local.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav