From Shanker Balan <m...@shankerbalan.net>
Subject Re: How to integrate Hadoop to CloudStack
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:02:03 GMT
Hello,

Nguyen Anh Tu wrote,
> Hi Shanker,
>
> You right. I just want to use Hadoop HDFS for CS, no need any sub project.
> Namenode is exactly a single point of failure. I found a good solution
> instead. That's GlusterFS, which have no master node. All node is peer.
> However, CloudStack and Hadoop are both written by Java. They are belong to
> ASF too. Personally, CloudStack and Hadoop are concerned.

I had to do a bit of planning for the private cloud at my previous work and I
pretty much went down the same line of thought for the storage as you did. NFS
-> HDFS -> GlusterFS. Also considered DRBD.

Unfortunately, CS does not support GlusterFS naively so you cant achieve HA.
In order to use Gluster, you need to export the vols over NFS and you will run
into all the limitations of NFS once more.

I liked Isilon's OneFS solution as a replacement for Gluster though.

Hth.

--
http://shankerbalan.net/