From Chiradeep Vittal <>
Subject Re: How do I isolate tenant VMs on a hypervisor by hypervisor basis?
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 18:36:21 GMT

On 5/17/12 11:04 AM, "Donal Lafferty" <> wrote:

>I want to make sure that VMs for one user run on separate hypervisor to
>VMs of other users.
>Is this a current or upcoming feature?  Also, what would are all the
>steps involved in achieving this isolation.
>E.g. I see that I can specify the hypervisor in deployVirtualMachine, but
>how would I go about reserving a set of hypervisors for a specific user.

You could create a tenant-specific (or domain-specific) set of service
offerings. Service offerings can be tagged (e.g., ForDomianFoo). When
adding hypervisors, you can add host tags (e.g., ForDomainFoo). Now when a
VM is deployed with offering with tag "ForDomainFoo" then the deployment
planner will try and use the hosts that are tagged ForDomainFoo.

Also, see this discussion:

View raw message