From Jose Rozanec <>
Subject Unable to start system VMs after host restart
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 21:08:11 GMT

I managed to get cloudstack working ok, being able deploy VMs and ssh to
them as well as to the virtual router and ssvm instances if needed. After a
host restart, cloudstack system vms remain in a stopped state, and I do not
find a way to start them.
>From the logs ( I'ld think is unable to see
the host VM (the host with id=20 refers to the cloudstack host), but the
host is up and running. After looking at the logs and searching over the
web, I restarted the management server and the nfs service.
Can this be somewhat related to network interfaces on the host?
Here is the nics listing before the host restart:
Here is the nics listing after the host restart:
I think most of nics were deleted as they corresponded to expunged VMs. But
I'm not sure about cloudVirBr447 and cloudVirBr25, which I guess were
automatically created by CS to match internal and external VLANs, and no
longer exist. Cloudstack host IP is, and is listed on

We are running cs 3.0.1 using an advanced configuration.

Any ideas/tips on this?

Thanks in advance,

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.