From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: use an existing network
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 15:53:13 GMT
Hi Sebastien

What you describe can be achieved, but CloudStack will always allocate an IP to a VM.

It is possible to create a new Network Offering without DHCP, but you still need CloudStack
to allocate an IP to the Guest instance so it can manage it.

There is a blog article on www.shapeblue.com cover this on an advanced network but the concepts
are the same.

I would recommend setting an exclusion range on your DHCP server then setting this as the
guest range in CloudStack.

You also need to create a Zone using Basic Networking but without security groups, so you
will need to cancel the wizard and create it manually from the infrastructure tab and ensure
you choose no security groups, this will place all your guest instances directly onto your
network.

Regards

Geoff
CTO