From Matthew Hartmann <mhartm...@tls.net>
Subject XenServer inode exhaustion
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 16:02:32 GMT
Hello all!

I have quite an odd issue with my XenServer 6.0.2 machines that are in a
Pool that is managed by CloudStack 3.0.2.

In my Pool, I have a Pool Master and two Pool Members. On the Pool
Master, there are 12 VM's running and in /tmp there are only 18
"stream-unix.####.#" files. I thought this was odd so I checked my Pool
Members.

On Pool Member "B" there are only 2 VM's running and roughly ~63,700
"stream-unix.####.#" stale socket files.

On Pool Member "C" there are only 8 VM's running and roughly ~63,600
"stream-unix.####.#" stale socket files.

The last time this happened, the stale socket files exhausted the
available inodes on the file system. With inodes exhausted, the file
system reported itself as full. This resulted in a corrupt XenServer
Pool and lead to rebuilding the Pool (not to mention the countless hours
of scrubbing the CloudStack database).

All thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,

Matthew