From Jacob Ben-David <Jacob.Ben-Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Manual Live Migration for KVM-hosted VMs
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 09:53:54 GMT
This should be available (see http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-11613 ), are you using CentOS
or RHEL 6+? I am not 100% sure but I do not think it will work with CentOS/RHEL 5.x. If it
is the same as XenServer and ESX, the option will be available for root admin only under the
instance action menu

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerdisch, Mitchell R (Mitchell) [mailto:mitchell.gerdisch@alcatel-lucent.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:04 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Manual Live Migration for KVM-hosted VMs

We have a Cloudstack 2.2.14 system deployed with KVM hosts.
According to the release notes, live migration is supported for VMs in this environment.
Yet, when I select an instance and click on the Actions menu, I do not see the "Migrate Instance"
option.

Is there some setting or configuration item I need to tinker with to access this menu option?

Thanks,

Mitch Gerdisch