From Karen Vuong <karen.vu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: What belongs on the Website? (Was Re: [WEBSITE] Release support lifetime and related content)
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:25:57 GMT
Hi Joe,

Can you add a "case studies" section to the content that lives on the main website? Within
this section, I am thinking a page with links to the case studies that live on the wiki. It
would be useful for website visitors to easily find user stories and see what interesting
things are being done with CloudStack. Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:49 AM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: What belongs on the Website? (Was Re: [WEBSITE] Release support lifetime and related
content)

As we're trying to get a good "flow" for the Web site, I think we also need to look at what
content does (and doesn't) belong on the site.

Chip raised a good point:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 02:11 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> I'd ask that the relevant material for devs is considered in any site
> redesign.  I'd further suggest that, more generally, developer-centric
> documentation should live on the wiki.  For instance, the "contributing"
> page has instructions for working with review-board, but it's getting
> out of date.  I'd rather allow the dev community to work with the wiki
> to evolve processes over time...

So what belongs on the Web site as "static" content, and what should exist on the Wiki for
continual curation by the developers/contributors?

I've put a list of content on the wiki here that we should have (and what does and doesn't
exist):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Website+Resources+and+Proposals#WebsiteResourcesandProposals-ContentThatLivesontheMainSite

By definition, anything *not* on that list will be removed shortly from the site (e.g. - "Coding
Conventions," "Developers's FAQ," etc.)

Note that we would still link to resources as appropriate, like the instructions for working
with review board, etc. (Do we need any notation on the wiki for pages that should not be
moved/removed/renamed?)

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Best,

jzb