From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: press release draft
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:10:29 GMT
Great work on this Giles, Had just a couple quick notes
Matt

On 3/21/13 7:01 AM, "Giles Sirett" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>Draft number 3
>Revisions from version 2 are:
>
>Chip: ..... reorder building a community and governance
>Chip: I've added in some further stuff about new members & warm welcomes.
>Any more and we'll be promising to hug new contributors
>Matt: around Citrix donation
>

>Things I didn't revise (and why)
>
>Chip -havent added location & date, will let Sally handle/control
>Matt -language is still UK. I'm not the best person to "translate".  Can
>somebody in US run it through your spellchecker and correct where
>necessary ? - or maybe Sally is happy to do this (if this is only a draft)
>Matt: your first comment arose because a CRLF hadn't copied over
>.
>

>==========PRESS RELEASE=================
>
>The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache CloudStack Has Become A
>Top-Level  Project
>
>Mature, open source turn-key platform for delivering scalable,
>full-featured Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds.
>
> [release location/date]
>The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers,
>stewards, and incubators of nearly 150 open source projects and
>initiatives, announced today that Apache CloudStack has graduated from
>the Apache Incubator to become a Top-Level Project (TLP), signifying that
>the project's community and products have been well-governed under the
>ASF's meritocratic process and principles.

Should I be, "Apache CloudStack has graduated" or "Apache CloudStack
project has  graduated"? Aren't we still a project at this point? Same
question for the top.

>"When CloudStack first became an Apache Incubator project, it was  a
>well-established cloud management platform, so its codebase was already
>mature," said Chip Childers, Vice President of Apache CloudStack. "Our
>work in the Incubator has focused on growing a really strong community
>around the code and establishing the governance practices expected of a
>top level project within the Apache Software Foundation."
>
>Formerly the product of Cloud.com, which was acquired by Citrix in 2011,
>CloudStack was donated by Citrix to ASF and submitted to the Apache
>Incubator in April 2012.  It is a well-established  cloud management
>platform, already widely in production use by many organisations. It is
>used to deliver Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud computing in
>both private-cloud, public and hybrid cloud environments. It has been
>proven to be both stable and highly scalable, underpinning production
>clouds more than 30,000 physical nodes, in geo-distributed environments.
>
>Asked to comment on the importance of becoming a Top-Level Project, Chip
>commented "CloudStack  had the advantage of having many long-term, large
>deployments which had proven the stability and scalability of the
>technology. This helped us concentrate on adopting the 'Apache way' of
>governance, which is well understood and open, delivering so many great
>pieces of software over the years"

Don't need the close quotes here since quotes are continuing to next
paragraph.