From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Laynard Sponsorship at ChefConf#13
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 02:07:07 GMT
On 3/7/13 8:05 PM, "Mark Hinkle" <Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com> wrote:

>Reposting due to formatting problems with last reply..sorry for the
>inconvenience.  Update is bottom-posted.
>
>On Feb 27, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>
>wrote:

>>> So this is a donation with no affiliation. All the donations I make are
>>> all for the sole purpose of promoting Apache CloudStack no other
>>> organization or strings attached. At each event I donate we'll have at
>>> least one committer (usually David Nalley or Joe Brockmeir). I also
>>>have
>>> reached out to some (non-Citrix) committers and offered to cover
>>>travel to
>>> make sure we are in compliance.
>>>

>> Ack - thanks.
>>

>>> On the trademarks I just attended Shane's trademark talk at ApacheCon
>>>and
>>> the procedure as Shane C. explained it to me is:
>>>
>>> - Discussion here
>>> - Approval by PPMC (David tells me it has to be explicit not lazy
>>> consensus)
>>
>> Just to be specific, I think you covered the first concern (which is
>> affiliation and a committer being present), but how about the physical
>> lanyard?  We'd need to see what that will be, or what logo you would
>> use.
>>
>> I'm currently reserving judgement on "approval" until we see that
>> design (which I'm sure will be fine!, we're just trying to be complete
>> about things).
>>
>> Also, please note that we are going to start adding a (R) to the CS
>> logos going forward, so we'll probably want to ensure that any imagery
>> that you use has that included.
>>
>>> - Proposal to ConCom and then they'll kick it to Trademarks.
>>>
>>> I was planning on getting permission all the way though and cc'ing
>>> trademarks just for good measure.
>>>

>> Please keep cloudstack-marketing@i.a.o CC'ed during those approvals, so
>> that we are aware of the status.
>>
>>> Also I had sent around a request for permission for the same kind of
>>> sponsorship for Devops Days in Austin
>>>
>>> http://devopsdays.org/events/2013-austin/
>>>

>>> And you guys gave permission there but I need to run that by ConCom
>>>too.
>>> Technically you are right, though it has to go to trademarks but from
>>>what
>>> Shane and Nick indicated Concom will route as appropriate until after
>>> CloudStack graduates then we need to go right to trademarks once we are
>>> done incubating.
>>
>> Great - glad that process got clarified.  Thanks.
>>

>>> Regards, Mark
>>>

>The design is simply the logo from the Apache CloudStack website. if they
>can do multi-color they would match the colors and if unicolor it would
>be white.
>
>http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/images/logo-sm.png
>
>However CloudStack is a word mark. The CloudStack logo is not a
>registered trademark, so if you want to add the R you can because of the
> [...]

Just trying to close the loop here I was going to give the following logo
with the  to the ChefConf guys

http://tinypic.com/r/316on4n/6

I made the logo black so you can see it on a white webpage but the printed
logo would be white on a blue lanyard. Logos would mirror what's on
CloudStack.org and link back to the CloudStack.org website.

Regards, Mark