From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Cloudstack in the news ;)
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:18:31 GMT
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Robert van der Meulen
<r.vandermeulen@leaseweb.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We just released this: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leaseweb-usa-adds-authentic-private-virtual-networking-to-its-cloud-195551701.html
>
> This is CloudStack advanced networking (for 'cloud') and CloudStack Basic networking
(for 'virtual server') as a product. Thought it might be on-topic (as I mention CloudStack
in the release, and we contribute to the project) - if this kind of stuff is too commercial
for this list, let me know. We're now running 6 Cloudstack setups (in datacenters in NL, Germany
and USA) serving thousands of instances to customers - and are obviously happy with it :)
> As part of the product there's some firewall functionality in our control panel (built
on the firewalling stuff in 4.x/apache setup, and security groups in the 2.x/citrix setup
we run for the classical virtual server product) - built on top of the CS api.

I don't see a problem with it. It's exciting to see folks using
CloudStack, and particularly ACS 4.x in production.
I'd like for you to consider and see if Leaseweb would be interested
in doing a case study-type of document detailing your experiences with
Apache CloudStack.