From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: press release draft
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:45:23 GMT
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 03:29:15PM +0000, Giles Sirett wrote:
> Good comments Joe
> The only thing I'd disagree with is shortening the "about". Journos
> (and certainly many online news feeds) wont be bothered going to look up
> further info: they will just re-write what they have in font of them. Its
> not a long release as it is, and if we start changing the About, we will
> have to create a sub-thread on that subject alone :-)

You're right about online news feeds, but journos usually will go to an
about page. (At least I always did.) If they won't follow a link, they
won't take the time to write from a press release either.

> In the interests of trying to get this out in a sensible timeframe,
> I'm going to wait a couple hours for more feedback before issuing another
> draft (should give the West coast folks time to get their coffee and
> have a look)

Seems reasonable. No sense in trying to revise every time someone from
the peanut gallery (like me...) chimes in. :-)

> I'll then take all comments in and create another draft

Fantastic, thanks for herding cats here.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier