From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Wikipedia CloudStack Page Updates
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:47:09 GMT
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 09:02:52PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Please review our Wikipedia page, we could benefit from more updates on it.
>
> The simple google search on "cloudstack" brings Wikipedia second in line. People tend
to read Wikipedia articles - over browsing the actual product wiki.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CloudStack
>
> With that in mind, I propose to
>

> *         Add section on who uses cloudstack with reference to CS wiki page. - I can
do this if approved

> *         List user groups in each metropolitan area (added NYC) - I can do this if approved
>
> *         Talk about cloudstack releases and progression along with features.. - This
is somewhat done, but I think we can make it better. Also need help here, don't want to misrepresent
us.

> More items to add, please chime in..
>
> I guess we need to discuss this here and help with gathering the content.
>
> Thanks
> ilya

Excellent idea!  Watch out for the wikipedia standard of being a
tertiary source though.  IIRC, you have to carefully reference
secondary source material for every assertion (not our wiki or docs, as
they are primary source material).