From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: press release draft
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:15:43 GMT
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 05:08 PM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> Joe
> That looks near perfect.
>
> My only disagreement is referring to our beloved VP as "Childers". I did
> this deliberately . I know That's the accepted way (I'm always "sirett"
> on  our releases) but I think use of first name gives a much more
> community feel.

Community feel isn't relevant for a press release. Any release should
follow AP Style, which is to reference people by last name on second and
later references. I'm pretty sure that's the standard for all Apache
releases.

If we blog about this (we will) and so on - then I'd refer to Chip as
Chip. (If you notice, I do use that practice - referencing by first name
on second reference - in the weekly newsletters.)

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier