From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Cloudstack marketing
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:14:47 GMT

I would love to take the credit for getting this going but in reality it is Joe, David and
many other folks who voiced themselves on getting this started - I may have been a little
more annoying than the rest.

Here is the next steps I propose we take, feel free to adjust and alter as necessary. This
is something similar to Agile process.

Lets come with ideas and rough outline on how to accomplish it
Post ideas on wiki for early review preferably a day before the meeting day

On the meeting we:
Classify the ideas by how much effort it takes (short or long term)
Gage the result/impact we may get by accomplishing idea X and assigning a weight value and
impact score from scale of 1-10

Further we break them into sprint cycles

Sprint 1
Pick the fast achievable high impact ideas with least effort first - expand on it
Break them down into smaller tasks
Deligate the tasks amongst volunteers with due date
Each idea is going to have a lead/project manager
Lead is going to follow up with assignees and update the group on progress (we should probably
use JIRA or another project management tool similar to basecamp - I can provide access)
In this sprint, if possible - accomplish least effort high impact ideas first

Sprint 2
We focus high effort high impact
Follow the same process as in Sprint 1

So on and so forth...

This is the format I propose and feel free to comment and alter as needed or replace it altogether
for a better one.

Lets have at least a draft of the format we will use and maybe some ideas to discuss on our
first meeting.

Thank you for joing this group and working together

Regards
Ilya

Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:
A superb initiative Ilya.

>From my limited knowledge and observation, I felt, we should start from the grassroots
level. Form groups, be visible as an active community across the media.

Popularity increases when people start noticing and discussing the initiatives done by the
community: Let's have more n more informal learning sessions across the cities as part of
this campaign.  Let's go to colleges, form student communities, and spread the good word.

When we talk relentlessly about CloudStack, people will start observing what we do other than
talking,  and then they definitely discuss what we have done, and what we have been doing
:):):)

-Radhika