From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack Developer Webinar
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:28:42 GMT
Joe I agree wholeheartedly on poll and inability to provide resources for odd requests.

However the point of the poll is also to see where community wants to be - that is - if you
have a large number of folks showing interest on how to do X - we can at least know where
to focus on and where the demand is.
We can also ask for whoever figure this out to volunteer and present their solution if possible.
By creating Webinars, recording them and posting to public - we will be creating innovative
support content that no other opensource cloud platforms have. By simplifying the content
ingestion, we can bring more developers who can work on creating more features or fixing existing
one.

Last not, the help will be provided by those who are willing to volunteer. If we don't have
a resource to volunteer - no harm is done - since previously the demand was there - it just
was not voiced. At least now we can gage where resources are better allocated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:43 PM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack Developer Webinar

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 03:37 PM, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Maybe we start with baby steps.
> 1 session for intro like using cloud-dev, debugging with IDE, working
> with git and submitting patch process. We can pick simple bugs and
> solutions. Record the session  and post it on YouTube.
> Another session for writting plugins and extending CS.
> Another session for automated tests during and post build process.
> Another session for customizing dashboards.
>
> We can create a poll and have users vote on what they would like to see.

I just want to make sure we're calibrating expectations correctly here:

The talks and such are all going to be prepared by volunteers, which means we're really dependent
on developers to want to do this. I'm hesitant to say "let's throw up a poll" when we can
very well wind up with topics that we may not have anyone enthused about developing the content.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier