From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:04:10 GMT
Animesh

Great feedback, I'd love to recycle the existing content. I also agree that we need to sprinkle
or have dev sessions on CS to get developer support.

We should create a page for each meetup group on cloudstack wiki and mention what was discussed
along with the slides/video used and any feedback that you feel was valuable. Something like
a summary of the event would be nice.

SF area is in a better shape than NYC since you have CS team as well as other users locally.
In NYC we are only getting started, but it would definitely help if there is some sort of
response.

Just a curious thought, why don't we do remote sessions on development of CS via GotoMeeting
- if Citrix can donate resources? That definitely beats local events and would certainly help
developers across the globe.

Thanks
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Animesh Chaturvedi [mailto:animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:38 PM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing

Musayev

Thanks for taking the initiative on NYC User Group. The turnout at first SF Bay Area Meetup
 was really encouraging and loved the engagement and interest in CloudStack. We should collaborate
on meetup content, I actually received some good tips from India meetup organizers, happy
to share those with the community. Sebastien, David, Joe have posted good slides from previous
events on slideshare and makes it much easier to prepare the slides. John Kinsella and I were
discussing yesterday on having meetups with focus on users for one month followed by focus
on developers next month and then repeating. Another option is to sprinkle theme based meetups
in between.

Thanks
Animesh