From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:54:05 GMT
Kelly

I think we can do without your personal laptop unless you would like to offer it as a sacrifice
to thy almighty :)

Unless something happens that is beyond my control, as it stands, we have plenty of lab gear
- very beefy servers and we have space to accommodate about 100+ people.

In regards to continued events, I have no objections - but I cant really say what will happen
6 months from now and who will be my employer than - that is why - we need several organizers
in each metropolitan area who take turns and help out.

CloudStack is getting very feature rich, so we should probably demo different integration
components like NetScaler, F5, DRBD, etc...

This list below is only a draft, we will discuss this when we meet next month in greater details.

Regards
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Hair [mailto:kelly.hair@citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:33 PM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing

Hey Ilya,

Really appreciate your actions & thought process. Regarding having joint ventures, to
clarify: do you mean to present in each others Meetup?
Definitely agree on that.  Some areas of interest outside of Chef/Configuration Management
could be Object Stores, SDNs, DR/BC, Monitoring and Capacity Management.  These are all hot
areas and different companies are integrating their solutions into CloudStack.

Also, it's really important to have, as you've laid out below, a number of meetups planned.
 Then, once planned, having the events held on a regular monthly. The worst thing possible
is to have a meetup every 2nd..4th.. Or 8th month.  I've been in a few of those types of meetups
and find myself losing interest quickly.

Regarding hands on - the question that comes up is: what kit?  I can check around to see if
we have some lab facilities that can be used.  I don't
know what options are available at this time҆   I do have a personal beefy
laptop (i7-3820QM w/ 32GB RAM) with VMware Workstation 9 that could be used as a mobile nested
server.  Figure I should offer up something if I'm replying :)

Best,
Kelly