From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:20:36 GMT
Outlook spacing went bad - fixed, please see revised below..

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:13 PM
To: cloudstack-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing

So overnight, it looks like we almost tripled our NYC group size, going from 19 to 55  - I
expect to hit 60+ today :)

The numbers will really go up when we schedule an actual meetup as we can use the help of
NYLUG and other tech meetups to promote.

I've also reached out to several organizers that I met in past from other tech meetups in
NYC and some of them are open to a joint venture (i.e. CloudStack and Chef)

I'm creating a set of polls on meetup to better understand where the NYC user base stands
to better focus and drive the future events.

Here is what I propose our first and consequent meet ups should be - open to revisions and
discussion - I would like to keep them hands on - and if possible, record the sessions..

MeetUp 1 - CloudStack Intro - 2 hour event
   * CloudStack Overview 4.0 - 30 minutes
   * Installing CS walk through - 10 minutes
   * Add VmWare and KVM Cluster - basic networking - 30 minutes
   * Whats new in 4.1 and 4.2
   * Questions and Answers

MeetUp 2 - CloudStack in Corp Env - 2 hour event
   * CloudStack Corporate Use Case - Advanced Network Layout - hands on demo
   * Creat Linux CloudStack OS Templates, cloud-init and Chef integration (involve Chef NYC
user group)
   * How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case WebMD Dev setup
   * Questions and Answers

MeetUp 3 - CloudStack in Hosting Env - Create your own AWS like cloud with EC2 and S3 - 2
hour event
   * CloudStack with Security Groups and Advanced Network
   * CloudStack and EC2 API integration
   * CloudStack and OpenSwift for S3
   * How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case Hosting Company Setup or WebMD HealthCloud
Setup
   * Questions and Answers

MeetUp 3 - CloudStack IaaS and OpenShift or Cloudify PaaS and IronFoundry PaaS - a joint venture
with group X
   * Open

As mentioned earlier, open for discussion, your input is welcome.

Regards
ilya