From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:13:15 GMT
So overnight, it looks like we almost tripled our NYC group size, going from 19 to 55  - I
expect to hit 60+ today :)

The numbers will really go up when we schedule an actual meetup as we can use the help of
NYLUG and other tech meetups to promote.

I've also reached out to several organizers that I met in past from other tech meetups in
NYC and some of them are open to a joint venture (i.e. CloudStack and Chef)

I'm creating a set of polls on meetup to better understand where the NYC user base stands
to better focus and drive the future events.

Here is what I propose our first and consequent meet ups should be - open to revisions and
discussion - I would like to keep them hands on - and if possible, record the sessions..

MeetUp 1 - CloudStack Intro - 2 hour event
CloudStack Overview 4.0 - 30 minutes
Installing CS walk through - 10 minutes
Add VmWare and KVM Cluster - basic networking - 30 minutes
Whats new in 4.1 and 4.2
Questions and Answers

MeetUp 2 - CloudStack in Corp Env - 2 hour
CloudStack Corporate Use Case - Advanced Network Layout - hands on demo
Creat Linux CloudStack OS Templates, cloud-init and Chef integration (involve Chef NYC user
group)
How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case WebMD setup
Questions and Answers

MeetUp 3 - CloudStack in Hosting Env - Create your own AWS like cloud with EC2 and S3 - 2
hour event
                CloudStack with Security Groups and Advanced Network
                CloudStack and EC2 API integration
                CloudStack and OpenSwift for S3
                How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case Hosting Company Setup or WebMD
HealthCloud Setup
                Questions and Answers

MeetUp 3 - CloudStack IaaS and OpenShift or Cloudify PaaS and IronFoundry PaaS - a joint venture

As mentioned earlier, open for discussion, your input is welcome.

Regards
ilya