From Kelly Hair <kelly.h...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:32:57 GMT
Hey Ilya,

Really appreciate your actions & thought process. Regarding having joint
ventures, to clarify: do you mean to present in each others Meetup?
Definitely agree on that.  Some areas of interest outside of
Chef/Configuration Management could be Object Stores, SDNs, DR/BC,
Monitoring and Capacity Management.  These are all hot areas and different
companies are integrating their solutions into CloudStack.

Also, it's really important to have, as you've laid out below, a number of
meetups planned.  Then, once planned, having the events held on a regular
monthly. The worst thing possible is to have a meetup every 2nd..4th.. Or
8th month.  I've been in a few of those types of meetups and find myself
losing interest quickly.

Regarding hands on - the question that comes up is: what kit?  I can check
around to see if we have some lab facilities that can be used.  I don't
know what options are available at this time҆   I do have a personal beefy
laptop (i7-3820QM w/ 32GB RAM) with VMware Workstation 9 that could be
used as a mobile nested server.  Figure I should offer up something if I'm
replying :)

Best,
Kelly