From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss]Apache wedbsite redesign
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:51:52 GMT
+1
Sonny,

I really like the concept. I like you integrated the dashboard in and made me thing about
how that by maybe reusing some of the icon with the sections as well it could really help
tie the project site into the product.

That started making me wonder if the dashboard framework would actually work for making a
consistent portal front page as well. Each section would have it's own area and as people
used the website they would also be learning how to use the product. Might be a little far
fetched but wanted to throw it out there.

Thank you,
Matt

On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:32 PM, "Sonny Chhen" <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> This is a piggy back off of the marketing thread earlier asking for community help in
marketing CloudStack. I mentioned in that thread that I was playing around with the idea of
a redesign for the Apache CloudStack site. I did create a mockup and you can see the design
at the link below. I feel that this design is clean and will help new people onboarding with
CloudStack feel comfortable in exploring the site and learning more about CloudStack. Also
the site is more "marketing" friendly and helps in providing a good first impression for those
coming to learn about CloudStack for the first time.

> I would love to hear your opinions and would like to know if this is something that should
be pursued. I can continue working on other pages if this does well, but will need help in
development. This could be part of an initiative to redesign a few other areas of CloudStack
such as the documentation, documentation portal, social media, and maybe the wiki to provide
a more consistent experience.