From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Cloudstack marketing
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:20:24 GMT
Hi marketing folks

First of all, Ilya, I think this is a fantastic initiative.  Cloudstack is great technology,
its main weakness to date has been poor perception in the market: as a second rate player
to Openstack.

The main issue I see is that Rackspace, et al *openly* back Openstack whereas Citrix back
CS from a distance (I wont criticise Citrix for this, they have been great in their donation
and MASSIVE contribution to date) . Therefore, we don't have a big name vendor assocated with
the project

At ShapeBlue, we have done a lot over the last year to help *try* and change that perception,
but theres still lots more to do.

I'm about to go on vacation for a week, so haven't really got time to start to work up ideas
and tell you how I (we) can contribute to this effort, but we certainly will.

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO  & Managing Consultant (UK)

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS, UK

to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue's