From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: CloudStack NYC User Group - hands on marketing
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:29:45 GMT
Nice growth. :) There's definitely an interest in the meetups. I think the SF one last night
was a little long at 3 hrs from start to finish, but people happily stayed until we were kicked
out by Brocade around 9:15.

One thing I'd like to do is keep up with other meetups - what topics they're covering, when,
what we can re-use or improve upon, etc. Not sure if it's best to do that on the wiki or on
this list? I don't like planning things in public until they're really solidified, but would
be good to know what others are up to...

John

On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:20 AM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net>
 wrote:

> Outlook spacing went bad - fixed, please see revised below..

of NYLUG and other tech meetups to promote.

> I've also reached out to several organizers that I met in past from other tech meetups
in NYC and some of them are open to a joint venture (i.e. CloudStack and Chef)

> I'm creating a set of polls on meetup to better understand where the NYC user base stands
to better focus and drive the future events.

> Here is what I propose our first and consequent meet ups should be - open to revisions
and discussion - I would like to keep them hands on - and if possible, record the sessions..

> MeetUp 1 - CloudStack Intro - 2 hour event
>   * CloudStack Overview 4.0 - 30 minutes
>   * Installing CS walk through - 10 minutes
>   * Add VmWare and KVM Cluster - basic networking - 30 minutes
>   * Whats new in 4.1 and 4.2
>   * Questions and Answers
>
> MeetUp 2 - CloudStack in Corp Env - 2 hour event
>   * CloudStack Corporate Use Case - Advanced Network Layout - hands on demo
>   * Creat Linux CloudStack OS Templates, cloud-init and Chef integration (involve Chef
NYC user group)
>   * How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case WebMD Dev setup
>   * Questions and Answers
>
> MeetUp 3 - CloudStack in Hosting Env - Create your own AWS like cloud with EC2 and S3
- 2 hour event
>   * CloudStack with Security Groups and Advanced Network
>   * CloudStack and EC2 API integration
>   * CloudStack and OpenSwift for S3
>   * How CloudStack is used in Company X - Show Case Hosting Company Setup or WebMD HealthCloud
Setup
>   * Questions and Answers
>
> MeetUp 3 - CloudStack IaaS and OpenShift or Cloudify PaaS and IronFoundry PaaS - a joint
venture with group X
>   * Open
>
> As mentioned earlier, open for discussion, your input is welcome.
>
> Regards
> ilya

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella