From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss]Apache wedbsite redesign
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:56:19 GMT
Hi,

These days I tend to prefer designs like couchdb has:
http://couchdb.apache.org

or something like twilio:
http://www.twilio.com

I feel that the proposed design is a bit too busy.

-sebastien

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:53 AM, Mathias Mullins <mathias.mullins@citrix.com> wrote:

> Ilya,
>
> I think my point is that instead of alerts that those actually be pieces and maybe notifications
about the website. Then they can take you to the Blog, Newsletter or whatever new info is
going on.

> Thank you,
> Matt Mullins
> Cloud Platforms Implementation Engineer
> Worldwide Cloud Services
> mathias.mullins@citrix.com
> +1 (407) 920-1107
>
> On Feb 20, 2013, at 5:17 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
>
>> Sonny,
>>
>> I like the new design - from the end user perspective - its very intuitive and straightforward.
+1 for usability

>> I also like the concept of what you and Matt mentioned in past - that is trying to
use the existing design of CS (especially newer 4.1/4.2) on current apache site.

>> Last but not least, if we do go with current design, do you think we can pick a sexier
background of CS other than alerts :)? For a newbie who does not know what CS does, seeing
alerts makes it seem like CS has lots of trouble.

>> Thanks
>> ilya

about how that by maybe reusing some of the icon with the sections as well it could really
help tie the project site into the product.

>> That started making me wonder if the dashboard framework would actually work for
making a consistent portal front page as well. Each section would have it's own area and as
people used the website they would also be learning how to use the product. Might be a little
far fetched but wanted to throw it out there.

>> Thank you,
>> Matt
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:32 PM, "Sonny Chhen" <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> This is a piggy back off of the marketing thread earlier asking for community
help in marketing CloudStack. I mentioned in that thread that I was playing around with the
idea of a redesign for the Apache CloudStack site. I did create a mockup and you can see the
design at the link below. I feel that this design is clean and will help new people onboarding
with CloudStack feel comfortable in exploring the site and learning more about CloudStack.
Also the site is more "marketing" friendly and helps in providing a good first impression
for those coming to learn about CloudStack for the first time.

>>> I would love to hear your opinions and would like to know if this is something
that should be pursued. I can continue working on other pages if this does well, but will
need help in development. This could be part of an initiative to redesign a few other areas
of CloudStack such as the documentation, documentation portal, social media, and maybe the
wiki to provide a more consistent experience.