From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Laynard Sponsorship at ChefConf#13
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:04:34 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 02:39:53PM -0500, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> I have the Lanyard sponsorship for #ChefConf this year on April 24-26: http://chefconf.opscode.com/
> I was planning on donating the sponsorship to Apache CloudStack to help raise the project
profile I know we have quite a few Chef users too.
> Basically we get the CloudStack logo on the lanyards and a 50 word blurb for the ChefConf#13
website.

> Any thought? Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to the list.  David recently posted a Draft
brand management guideline document [1], which I think we should use in
responding to this request (helping determine if it's reasonable and
useful for the project with a real-live test case).

I believe the relevant section is:

  Sponsoring Events:

    Sponsoring events can provide good visibility for the project, however it frequently
    requires funds that the project does not have access to. Many outside organizations
    wish to provide this type of visibility.

    In addition to gaining the approval of ConCom the following is required:
    * Sponsorship discussed and approved on the cloudstack-marketing list. Approval is given
by the (P)PMC.
    * Sponsorship must be provided with no additional affiliation - and only project provided
marks used.
    * At least one committer must be planning to represent the project.

So given those draft requirements, obviously this is the first one (although we'll
need to approve after discussion).  Can you comment on the affiliation question?  And
is a committer going to be present?

Thanks for working with us on this, as we are trying to get a handle on our project's
brand management responsibilities.

-chip

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Trademark+Guidelines+(DRAFT)