From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Call for Agenda Items/IRC Weekly Meeting Reminder
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:52:46 GMT
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:44:10AM -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Reminder that we have the weekly CloudStack IRC meeting on Wednesday at
> 17:00 UTC, in #cloudstack-meeting on Freenode.
>
> We kicked off last week's meeting with a discussion on 4.1.0 rather than
> just going by nick. That seemed to work well, and I'd like to see if we
> can start having an agenda rather than just going up/down the list of
> nicks.

This is a great approach Joe.

> Unless there's an objection, we'll try that this week. Here's a draft
> agenda, please feel free to suggest additional items or amend it.
>
> - 4.1.0 Release
>   - Status of the 4.1.0 branch
>   - QA Status/report
>   - Docs Status/report
>   - Any additional issues related to 4.1.0
> - 4.0.2 Release
>   - Status of 4.0.2
> - Master branch
> - Infrastructure (e.g., Jenkins, Website, issues unrelated to previous
> agenda.)
> - Any new business/additional issues

I even think that we could generalize this a bit, and have an agenda
that basically follows:

- Active Feature Release
 - Overall Status
 - Feature Status
 - QA Status
 - Docs Status
 - Additional issues?
- Active Bug-Fix Release
 - Overall Status
 - QA Status
 - Docs Status
 - Additional issues?
- Master branch
- Infra
- Others?

I bet that we can generally expect the same agenda over time, and skip
things that don't make sense...  for example, QA status for 4.0.2 isn't
going to be a hot topic tomorrow.

-chip