From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: FW: Wiki visual guidlines
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:39:52 GMT
Hi Kelcey,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 01:29 PM, kdamage@apache.org wrote:
> I was just thinking right now I could write a whole page in headers which
> is
> silly, and there are 6 default headers, also bullet usage and etc.

Are people doing this, or is this a "it might be a problem, someday"?

I ask because if people are formatting things in a wildly inconsistent
manner right now, then we need to deal with that.

If *not* then it seems like being over-proscriptive with style
guidelines might be a momentum blocker for someone who's keen on doing
some docs on the wiki. Not sure "go read the style guidelines first" is
in keeping with "edit boldly."

(e.g., I don't want to chastise anyone for using h3 headers instead of
h2, or using red instead of green when they're doing good stuff or
having the impression of putting speed bumps in the way of getting up
more information.)

Consistency isn't as important as accuracy and completeness, IMHO.

All that said - if there's really wonky, unreadable stuff on the wiki -
then let's address that.

Best,

jzb
--