From <kdam...@apache.org>
Subject RE: FW: Wiki visual guidlines
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:09:42 GMT
Here is where it becomes debate.

I fully agree with you, but I also believe (and we are on the marketing
list) that consistency between publically facing article bearing our intent
and branding is key. And leads to the perceived professionalism of our
project.

I don't mind wandering through some pages and updating header types. I
certainly don't want to delay or slow down people fervently writing kickass
wiki articles.

But this brings up another question, what about grammar, etc?

I'm willing to put in a couple hours a week and curate the wiki, but
establishing norms upfront allows people willing to follow guides, the
option.

So really I'm not saying this is firm must follow or die guidelines, but
something for willing. And for those with no time to format, perhaps someone
like me will be willing to format for them? In fact people adding large
content articles could reach out to myself or the list and request
assistance in formatting and review.

Just some ideas.

-Kelcey