From <kdam...@apache.org>
Subject RE: FW: Wiki visual guidlines
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:29:56 GMT
I was just thinking right now I could write a whole page in headers which is
silly, and there are 6 default headers, also bullet usage and etc.

The primary though I had was consistency in how information is seen and
consumed via the wiki. The more consistent the process and design the easier
the consumption. An analogy would be like reading a book who's author
changed every page and in that so did the page formation. That would be
inconceivably difficult.

Many wiki's or other editable information sources have a basic style
principles guide such as:

Section name = header n
Article names = header n
Paragraph headers = header n

Recommended bold usage = something
Recommended italics usage = something

Numbered points are for = something
Bullet points are for = something

Only use code blocks for = code

And so on. In some cases this seems like common sense, but for new people
this could be quite helpful.

And if we allow colored text, then having some appropriate usage would be
nice as well.

-kelcey