From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS][TRANSLATION] Update
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:27:53 GMT

On Mar 5, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please note: currently the 4.1 branch (and 4.0.1 too) doesn't works with the French version
of UI.
> See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-465
>
> If I download the current transifex resource file for French, and put in 4.1 branch,
I must :

> * Replace all quote > ' < by > \\' <
>
> * Fix some incompatibles chars in UTF-8
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 15910
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 17789
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 46774
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 72127
>
> * changes charset from UTF-8 to ISO-88-59-1 via iconv
> iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-1 messages_fr_FR.properties_UTF8 >messages_fr_FR.properties
>

> * (An optional point:) Transform ISO-8859-1 charset to ASCII with I18NEdit (and order
keys/values)

> I've put the modified file that works with 4.1 branch :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12572089/messages_fr_FR.properties
>
> Milamber

Hi, thanks. I am actually looking at this and I noticed the problem, we have issues with other
languages as well.

will get it fixed, thanks a lot.

-sebastien

> Le 02/03/2013 13:17, Milamber a ecrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've translate last sentences/words for French translation on Transifex for Cloudstack
UI.

>> I've made a full review of all elements (fixed some typo, translate some words in
sentences, etc.)

>> You can make a update of resources files.
>>
>> Milamber
>>
>> Le 23/02/2013 20:32, Sebastien Goasguen a ecrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Quick update on translation.
>>>
>>> We had a complete translation of the runbook in Italian. Awesome !
>>>
>>> Things are progressing, but I would like everyone to forward this tutorial:
>>>
>>> http://www.slideshare.net/sebastiengoasguen/how-to-translate-apache-cloudstack-docs

>>> To your friends and colleagues who speak something else than english. Our friends
in China and Japan especially have a chance to finish the complete translation before 4.1,
this would be huge.

>>> Since the complete translation is a lot of work, some of you may want to focus
on the runbook and the UI. It's shorter.