From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Translation authorship
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:54:17 GMT
Might be nice to get a list of them and put it in the commit message.
(e.g. if you commit the pt_BR translation, list all of the
contributors in the commit message, that should be automatable.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 04:57:58AM -0400, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have been committing the translations to the 4.1 branch.
>>
>> There is an issue with authorship of the translations.
>>
>> Translators submit translations of strings via a site called transifex. A documentation
file can therefore have multiple translators.
>> The authorship appears in the .po files and looks like this:
>>
>> # Translators:
>> # Daniela Sant Ana de Oliveira <daniela.santana@ibge.gov.br>, 2013.
>> # Edgard Balter Jr. <ebalter@gmail.com>, 2013.
>> msgid ""
>> msgstr ""
>> "Project-Id-Version: Apache CloudStack Docs\n"
>> "POT-Creation-Date: 2013-03-19T13:38:05\n"
>> "PO-Revision-Date: 2013-03-19 14:13+0000\n"
>> "Last-Translator: sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com>\n"
>> ….<snip>
>>
>> This example has two translators and I also appear there probably because I uploaded
the empty strings.

>> Those .po files are generated automatically and used by publican to build the guides
in the different languages.

>> I currently I committed all .po files and while putting the license header I mistakenly
wiped out all authorship information, which is not good.

>> However there are over 1000 .po files. If I want to commit with the proper authorship
I need to automate it. Couple problems arise

>> 1-The number of commit could be as large as 1000 :(
>> 2-A single file can have multiple authors
>>
>> The easiest way is for me to commit all .po files in one commit and keep the authorship
within the text of the po files.