From prasanna <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] BVT for CloudStack checkins
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 10:01:49 GMT
On 8 March 2013 22:24, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> I'm going to start off a branch specifically to do BVT on  simulator and devCloud so
that we can at least have system vms/vrs and business logic tested.

Hey Alex - will you be writing new tests or revamping the simulator in
the bvt branch? On the devcloud side of things I've kept the
devcloud-ci (https://github.com/vogxn/devcloud-ci/commits/master) up
to date with changes reqd for running devcloud workers in a CI
envrionment. I'm looking into the devcloud-kvm infrastructure some of
which I ear marked last week.

>> The person who drives this, particularly with infrastructure, should be the
>> person who plans on doing the work to get this accomplished. In my mind
>> this is a medium term effort - probably a couple of months.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with driving the BVT side of things but like I said, I don't think
I can do the infra side of things.  Someone else needs to take that over.

I would've offered to do this but I have my hands tied with too many
infrastructure issues at the moment:

- The test-infra in our fremont dc (Ahmad and I have been
troubleshooting a strange arpcache issue past week that prevented us
from turning on the tests. We've worked around it now with an
aggressive nmap scan). I've been in touch with some folks at infra
about this and they've more or less agreed to allow us to live on
builds.a.o. I'll follow up again on IRC.

- devcloud-basic (been testing this on jenkins) and advanced with devcloud-kvm

- I'm also going to setup a nexus proxy in front of our builds and
devcloud workers for faster build processing.