From prasanna <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request: Adding awsapi in the require section of cloud.spec as it resolves issue with EC2 QUERY API Feature.
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:10:56 GMT
On 6 March 2013 21:13, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 03:35:17PM +0000, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
>> I automatically assumed it's an optional component, but I don't think we actually
discussed this. It's also optional in the maven compile/build I've noticed. I'm certainly
not against it being part of the "main" management server, but the dependencies are not really
aligned yet. So it's going to be a huge rpm if we make a single package out of it.

> The switch to make it optional in maven was done (per comments on the
> list) to speed up build time.
>
> I'd also be OK with calling this optional, but then we need to document
> the installation as a specific optional step.
>
> My preference is to have it be installed by default though.  Having an
> AWS compatible API that's easily enabled (easily being a qualitative and
> debatable term) is a Good Thing (tm).

What I meant was it should be like the cloudstack-agent. I install it
if I run KVM hypervisors. Something like cloudstack-awsapi may be.
Having it install by default when you install cloudstack-management
shouldn't be necessary.