From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Local versus Shared Storage Type for Compute Offering
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:00:22 GMT
Hi,

I was a little surprised to see the Storage Type field when creating a
Compute Offering recently.

The options are Local or Shared.

I guess I was thinking that if you had a preference for a VM running on
local storage of the hypervisor or using shared storage that you would
specify this using the Storage Tags field.

Can someone explain this a bit to me?  What if you said Local for the
Storage Type, but put in a single Storage Tag that was only associated with
shared storage?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*