From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Making use of a 4.2 storage plug-in from the GUI or API
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:33:51 GMT
One API is missing, liststorageproviderscmd, which will list all the storage providers registered
in the mgt server.
When adding a zone wide storage pool on the UI, the UI will have a drop-down list to show
all the primary storage providers. Then user will choose one of them, and select some other
parameters for the storage user wants to add. At the end, UI will call, createstoragepoolcmd,
with provider=the-storage-provider-uuid-returned from liststoageprovidercmd, scope=zone, and
other input parameters. Mgt server will then call corresponding storage provider based on
provider uuid, to register the storage into cloudstack.

From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 2:46 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Edison Su
Subject: Making use of a 4.2 storage plug-in from the GUI or API

Hi,

As you may remember, I'm leveraging Edison's new (4.2) storage plug-in framework to build
what is probably the first such plug-in for CloudStack.

I was wondering, does anyone know how to make the system aware of the plug-in?  I believe
once the plug-in is ready (i.e. usable) that the intent is to be able to select it when creating
Primary Storage (instead of having to select a pre-existent iSCSI target).

I'm curious how to get this working (i.e. select my plug-in) in the GUI and via the API.

Thanks!

--
Mike Tutkowski
Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.