From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Support lifetime
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:34:41 GMT

On Feb 28, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 03:00 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> I stated my opinion on this previously [1], but for the record again:
>>
>> I would suggest that we only do bug-fix releases for:
>>
>> - The latest feature release of our active major version number (i.e.:
>>  4.x)

To make sure I get this right:

So Once we release 4.2 we will only bug fix 4.1 and stop bug fixing 4.0 ?

>> - The latest feature release of our last major version number (doesn't
>>  exist today, but will be 4.x when / if we bump to 5.0)

Once we jump to 5.X we will bug fix the latest 4.x release (if it's 4.2, we will stop bug
fixing 4.1) ?

The really crucial part for me is to make sure we have a really solid/tested upgrade path.
We cannot leave anyone out in the cold of a "unsupported" release.