From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: question on Distributed Virtual Switch support
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:46:47 GMT
Hi Radhika,

I guess you are talking about the options "Override Public-Traffic:"  - Y/N  or "Override
Guest-Traffic" : Y/N.

These are basically to provide the traffic label name . Ex: Port profile in case of Nexus
.   If you do not set these options by default it would take vswitch0 as the traffic label
name.

As per FS,  we get to see Nexus in the vSwitch Type  dropdown list only when the global config
 "vmware.use.nexus.dvswitch" to true. [Reference: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Integration+of+CloudStack+with+VMware+DVS
]

Comment from FS :  Default option - if "vmware.use.nexus.dvswitch" is true then use "Cisco
Nexus 1000v Distributed Virtual Switch". Otherwise use "VMware vNetwork Distributed Virtual
Switch"

Pranav,

Can you please comment if this is not the case?

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Radhika Puthiyetath [mailto:radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:56 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: question on Distributed Virtual Switch support

Thanks Sailaja.

Even If vmware.use.nexus.vswitch=false (and vmware.use.dvswitch=true), the UI still shows
the Nexus dvSwitch in the drop-down list for switch type. I thought in this case, UI should
display only VMware dvSwitch because the  parameters for Nexus/Standard switches are not enabled
in the global parameter page.

Is there any reason for displaying Nexus dvSwitch options if vmware.use.nexus.vswitch=false
?

(In this case, if you select Nexus dvSwitch, the UI does not display the options for specifying
the IP address of VMS component and dvSwitch credentials. That is the reason I confused initially!)