From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] GSLB
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:53:38 GMT
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:45:19AM +0000, Murali Reddy wrote:
> I would like to merge GSLB feature proposed [1] and developed in the feature branch [2]
into master. Code for this feature pretty much conforms to what was proposed in FS [3]. I
added unit tests for all the new service layer methods introduced[4]. I have made the patch
available at [5], if any one wish to review please do so.

> This functionality is completely isolated and code path is not hit unless GSLB functionality
is used.

> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201301.mbox/%3CCD1281EE.2B118%25murali.reddy@citrix.com%3E
> [2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gslb-wip
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/GSLB+(Global+Server+Load+Balancing)+Functional+specification+and+Design+Document
> [4] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=blob;f=server/test/org/apache/cloudstack/region/gslb/GlobalLoadBalancingRulesServiceImplTest.java;h=cea4fd9324b232ad2de92954b9693e2fc6ac4bc1;hb=refs/heads/gslb-wip
> [5] https://reviews.apache.org/r/10021/
>
> -Murali

I'm +1 for this, with one qualification.  The patch doesn't actually
apply to master.  That being said, I appreciate you providing a single
patch for *review* purposes.  The mechanics of merging from your feature
branch don't have to go through reviewboard, so the actual application
of the patch is unimportant to me (assuming you check the build, RAT,
etc...  prior to pushing your merge result).

Murali - thank you for taking the time to provide such a good MERGE
email!

-chip