From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] BVT for CloudStack checkins
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:47:13 GMT
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 02:30:27PM -0500, Chip Childers wrote:
> Well, if we want it someone needs to do it.  I'm looking at hadoop (as
> David suggested) [snip...]

Take a look at Hadoop's contributor guide [1], specifically the
"Contributing your work" section.  Hadoop is using Jira for patch
submissions, a custom jira workflow, and builds.a.o basically does the
CI +1 of the patch before a committer reviews and commits it.

They basically have the workflow that I proposed...  The downside is
that Jira attachments are a poor way to do peer reviews.

Thoughts?

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute