From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Failed to addCluster with latest master code
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 19:20:39 GMT
On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 06:03:58PM -0800, Min Chen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In preparing merging my feature branch vim51_win8 to master, I rebased with latest master
code, then my testing immediately failed at addCluster with the following stack trace:

> 2013-03-01 17:34:18,953 DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkModelImpl] (552681680@qtp-144013098-6:null)
Failed to retrieve the default label for public traffic.zone: 1 hypervisor: VMware due to:
Unable to find the default physical network with traffic=Public in zone id=1.
> 2013-03-01 17:34:19,305 ERROR [cloud.api.ApiServer] (552681680@qtp-144013098-6:null)
unhandled exception executing api command: addCluster
>         at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:349)
>         at com.cloud.hypervisor.vmware.VmwareServerDiscoverer.find(VmwareServerDiscoverer.java:214)
>         at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
>         at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689)
>         at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
>         at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
>         at com.cloud.utils.db.TransactionContextBuilder.AroundAnyMethod(TransactionContextBuilder.java:54)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor46.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>

> This exception is thrown from this piece of code recently checked in related to Vmware
Distributed Vswitch feature:

>         List<? extends PhysicalNetwork> pNetworkListGuestTraffic = _netmgr.getPhysicalNtwksSupportingTrafficType(dcId,
TrafficType.Guest);

>         List<? extends PhysicalNetwork> pNetworkListPublicTraffic = _netmgr.getPhysicalNtwksSupportingTrafficType(dcId,
TrafficType.Public);

>         // Public network would be on single physical network hence getting first object
of the list would suffice.

>         PhysicalNetwork pNetworkPublic = pNetworkListPublicTraffic.get(0);
>

> In this case, pNetworkListPublicTraffic list is empty, thus index out of range error
is thrown next. Does anybody see this issue?

> Sateesh, do we need to setup Vmware host differently than before with your new code?
In previous code, it can always successfully find vSwitch0 to use.

> Due to this issue, I am holding off my merge until this is resolved.
>

> Thanks
>
> -min

Thanks for not moving forward with the merge Min!

Please open a blocker bug for 4.2, and assign it to the author of that
commit.

-chip